Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland who are 18 or over, excluding employees of Australian Vintage (“Promoter”), their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
- To participate: Follow QR Code (on bottles) to website or go to www.mcguiganwinescompetition.com or www.mcguiganwines.co.uk and complete required details including your location and the supermarket from which you purchased your bottle before the end of the Promotion Period. Your entry will be submitted into the applicable daily draw to win the Daily Prize (see clause 7 for details) and your entry will also be submitted into the draw to win the applicable Main Prize (see clause 5 for details of Main Prize, see clause 6 to determine which Main Prize Draw your entry will go into).
- No purchase required.
- Maximum one entry per person per day.
- Promotion Period: 00:01 on 27 January 2014 and 23:59 on 27 April 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
- Main Prizes: 5 x trips to Sydney and the Hunter Valley including lunch with John Torode. Each winner will win a trip for the winner and a guest (guest must be over the age of 18 at date of travel) to take place during November 2014 (specific dates to be confirmed but anticipated 1 – 9 November 2014). No alternate dates or compensation will be offered if the winner or a guest is unable to attend. Each prize includes: A week’s accommodation in Sydney (4 nights) and the Hunter Valley (2 nights), New South Wales, Australia (twin room, breakfast included, 4-star accommodation); Return economy class flights from London (UK) to Sydney (Australia); Transfers on arrival and departure in Australia; Organised activities when in Australia to be determined by the Promoter, but to include a tour of the McGuigan Vineyard & Winery and a vineyard lunch & wine tasting hosted by John Torode & Neil McGuigan; Further private transfers as are deemed necessary by the Promoter. The Prize also includes £150 per winner from the Promoter as a contribution to incidentals not covered in the prize. Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland-based winners only will also receive return economy flights from their local international airport to the London airport.
- Allocation of Main Prizes: One winner will be selected from amongst all entrants who selected the following supermarket or region when entering the promotion:
|Name of supermarket or region (“Allocation”)
||Number of Main Prizes available for the Allocation
|All supermarkets, all regions
- Daily Prizes: 1 x case of 6 bottles (75cl) of McGuigan Wines. There will be 92 daily draws and 92 Daily Prizes. Allow 28 days from date of winner confirmation for receipt of your prize.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- Main Prize Winner Selection: Winners will be selected in a series of random draws from all valid entries for each of the 5 different Allocations as received during the Promotion Period. The draws will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional service, within five working days of the end of the Promotion Period.
- Daily Prize Winner Selection: All entries received during each day of the Promotion Period will be entered into a draw from all entries received on the same day. The draws will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional service, within five working days of the end of the relevant day.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified within 5 working day of the draw date. If a winner is uncontactable, or fails to respond to communications within 14 days of initial contact, the relevant winner risks disqualification and the prize being awarded to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Winners of Main Prizes may be required to provide proof of age and identity.
- Further Main Prize Details:
- Once booked, trip cannot be altered or amended and no refunds are possible;
- Flights cannot be used in conjunction with any airline loyalty programme, any other discount, discount coupon(s) or vouchers(s), promotion(s) or special offer;
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel to and from the winner’s home to the airport, meals, drinks or any other costs of a personal nature not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Main Prize will be responsible for any such costs;
- Travel insurance, which is mandatory, is not included in the prize and is the responsibility of the winners and their guests;
- All travel documents including (not limited to) Passports and Visas are the responsibility and cost of the prize winners and guests and passports are usually required to have a minimum 6 months validity beyond scheduled return date to be valid. The Promoter cannot be held responsible if the prize winners or any of the travelling party fail to obtain the required travel documentation;
- There is no cash alternative or refund for unused portions of the prize;
- The prizes winners and their guests are responsible for and must comply with any health advice / regulations / inoculations required by any destination country. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize winners and their guests;
- The Promoter will accept no responsibility for hotels / tours / transport companies etc. being withdrawn or amended.
- Bulk entries or applications made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible applications, applications via third parties or syndicates, by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to apply), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that participant’s applications will be disqualified and any Prize award will be invalid.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry, generated by computer hardware or software, malfunction, error or failure.
- Main Prize Winner Publicity: Winners and guests agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or by its agencies during the Main Prize Trip. Winners and guests consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The names and counties of the winners will be available from 30 June 2014 until 30 September 2014 at www.mcguiganwinescompetition.com.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury suffered by any entrant entering the promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions.
- This promotion is governed by the English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Australian Vintage Ltd., 8-9 Ivory House, Ivory House, Clove Hitch Quay, Plantation Wharf, London SW11 3TN